Canva | How to create a simple social media post with Canva
Canva is a great tool to create simple social media posts. I’ve talked about it before in this post. Personally, I feel it is easy peasy compared to PhotoShop. It really is a simple tool to use once you get the hang of it. Although, my first creation did take a hot minute. These days I am able to whip out social media post in under five to ten minutes. I find that it takes me longer to figure out how to style my photo than to actually create the graphics in Cava.
The free tool for Canva is incredible, it has a ton of features that can turn a photo to a fun graphic to post on social media. All you need to do is put on your creative hat. If you are at all one that gets caught of in fonts and colors I suggest that you go in with an idea of what you would like to do. Otherwise, it can be hours later before you look at the time. Trust me on this one, I know better and still do it.
Let’s cover the basic steps for creating a simple social media post
- If you haven’t already got to www.canva.com and create an account.
- Once you have an account created you will have a menu bar on the left-hand side
- Create a design should already be highlighted for you. Under that is All your designs.
- Select the type of social media post you would like to create:
- Pick your Layout
- Layouts are either be free or paid, this is labeled in the lower right-hand corner
- Let the fun begin!
- Play with the different fonts and colors. Change the transparency to give a different look
Join our newsletter and receive our complimentary simple guide to creating social media posts. Get It Here!