Task It | Volume Five | Social Media & Your Business
Volume Five of Task It, our focus will be social media and your business. How do you feel about social media do you get excited or totally cringe? Do you have a go-to social media platform for your business? If not, let’s look at the demographics to help you figure out what platform your audience is using.
Social Media Numbers
According to the Report: Social network demographics in 2017 by Pingdom.com here is the stats for the top 7 social media platforms.
- Facebook: 1.8 billion users
- Twitter: 328 million users
- Instagram: 700 million users
- Snapchat: 300 million users
- YouTube: 1 billion users
- LinkedIn: 106 million
- Pinterest: 150 million
Average Age & Gender, the largest user demographic
Most of the information below was found in an article on medium. Here is the link to the complete article.
- Age based, the largest user demographic is those aged 25–34
- 56% of online seniors aged 65+ are on Facebook and 63% are between age 50–60
- 53% female and 47% male
- 55% of all online 18 to 29-year-olds in the U.S. are using Instagram
- The next largest Instagram age demographic is 30 to 49 years old at 28% usage
- 49% female and 51% male
- 60% of all users are under 25 years of age
- Largest Snapchat age demographic is 18- to 24-year-olds
- According to an article from Hootsuite, 70% female and 30% male
- 32% of internet users aged 18 to 29 continue to use Twitter
- 13% of those aged 50 to 64 use Twitter
- Almost half of girls aged 15 to 17 (49%) use Twitter, compared to 34% of boys
- 33% of all internet users also use Youtube.
- User percentage by age 18–24–11%, 25–34–23%, 35–44–26%, 45–54–16%, 50–64–8%, 65+ — 3%, unknown age — 14%.
- YouTube is the second biggest search engine behind Google
Where is your audience
Looking at the numbers above where is are your customers hanging out? Is your business on that platform? The keys to social media & your business are consistency and engagement. Pick a couple of platforms and jump into conversations that you’re able to give value.
Not your thing to research what’s trending on social media? Subscribe to our Task It Social and receive what’s trending directly in your inbox once a month.C’mon Subscribe Now